1998 MITSUBISHI EVO 5 GSR
Year of Manufacture1998
Clean and tidy Evo 5 ready for export today.
CONTACT US FOR YOUR FREE QUOTE INCLUDING SHIPPING TO YOUR HOME PORT.
Many aspects of the were upgraded from the Evo 4 such as:
- The interior was upgraded in the GSR version with a better class of Recaro seat.
- The body kit had flared arches at the front and rear and a new aluminium rear spoiler replaced the IV FRP version and gave an adjustable angle of attack to alter rear down force.
- The track was widened by 10 mm (0.4 in), the wheel offset changed from ET45 to ET38 along with the wheel diameter which rose from 16″ to 17″ to accommodate Brembo brakes which were added to enhance braking.
- In addition the brake master cylinder bore increased by 0.3 millimetres (0.01 in).
- The engine was strengthened in a few areas and the cam duration was increased. The pistons were lighter with a smaller skirt area. 510 cc injectors were replaced with 560 cc injectors for better engine reliability due to more electrical “headroom” and the ECU was changed to include a flash ROM, allowing more boost pressure to the same TD05-HR as the Mitsubishi Evolution III and IV.
Furthermore, the turbocharger was again improved. Torque was increased to 373 N·m (275 lb·ft) at 3000 rpm. Power officially stayed the same, at 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp), though some claim horsepower was actually somewhat higher.